Quick Gist

Samsung Suspend Sales of Galaxy 7 Due to Battery Explosions

The Samsung latest flagship smartphone Galaxy Note 7 has been reported prone to causing danger to users and so the company has on Friday 2 September decided to suspend it sales and production of the product.
Samsung told newsmen that the reports of exploding batteries of the new product post a great threat to the reputation of the South Korean electronics giant.
The world’s top maker of smartphones and ordinary mobile phones will also offer new devices for those who have already bought the large-screen smartphone, its mobile chief said.
“We have received several reports of battery explosion on the Note 7 that was officially launched on August 19…and it has been confirmed that it was a battery cell problem,” Koh Dong-Jin told reporters.
Samsung has so far sold one million units of the Note 7 in countries including South Korea and the US.
So far 24 of them have been confirmed to have faulty batteries, Koh said, adding he was “deeply sorry” over the incident.
Since late last month, several users have posted photos and videos on social media showing the charred Note 7 with part of its 5.7-inch touchscreen burnt and melted, saying it suddenly caught fire.
Growing safety concerns over the Note 7 have forced Samsung to suspend its shipments at home and delay its planned release this month in several European countries including France.

Access More with Access Bank Slots Available - Contact Us For More details

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close