News

Boko Haram New Video: Parents Identify Daughter.

Sect offers to trade girls for its detained members
Exactly two years and four after Boko Haram insurgents invaded a college in Chibok, Northern region of Nigeria, the parents of one of the abducted Chibok Schoolgirls have identified their daughter in a new video released by a faction of the sect.

chibokgirls

Mrs Esther Yakubu and her husband, Kawo Yakubu told Channels Television on Sunday that their daughter, Dorcas Yakubu, was one of the girls in the new video.
They spoke to Channels Television at a meeting by members of the Bring Back Our Girls group at the Unity Fountain in Abuja.
At the meeting, members of the group said the present administration had failed Nigerians by not fulfilling its promise of rescuing the Chibok girls.
The girls were taken over two years ago from the school’s dormitory in Chibok, Borno State.
One of the organisers of the Bring Back Our Girls campaign group consoled Mrs Yakubu, whose tears have continued to flow in despair.
Her daughter, Dorcas Yakubu, is one of the 218 Chibok Girls abducted by the Boko Haram sect in April 14, 2014.
Her mother woke up to a video released by members of the sect showing her daughter speaking on behalf of the abducted girls.
In the video, Dorcas was referred to as Maida Yakubu.
For more than two years, Mrs Yakubu has not held her daughter in her hands, she says the pain is unbearable.
She is also disappointed at the government’s response to the plight of the girls.
While she cried endlessly, her husband, Mr Yakubu, stood a few meters away, with grim expression.
He was, however, grateful that his daughter is alive.

Hours after the Boko Haram sect released a video showing the abducted Chibok Girls, the Bring Back Our Girls campaign group called a meeting at the Unity Fountain Abuja, a popular place to members of the group. They had held months of protests there.
In the video released by the Boko Haram sect, a masked man is willing to trade the abucted girls for the release of its detained sect members in return for the abducted girls with Nigerian government.
The group also claims that some of the girls had been killed in military airstrikes in Sambisa forest.
The Bring Back our Girls campaign group said there were only three choices available – government’s negotiation to rescue the girls, government use military operations to rescue the girls or a combination of both.
The Nigerian government had declared its readiness to negotiate with the group but said it would not negotiate with a group that does not have any known representative.

Access More with Access Bank Slots Available - Contact Us For More details

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also

Close
Close